Maine Travel Diary

     A few years ago, my family and I traveled to the New England states for our summer vacation. Though we were traveling to many different states, the main part of our trip was to Acadia National Park in Bar Harbor, Maine. 

    We spent one full week in Acadia, and I loved every moment of it. 

    On our first day in Acadia, we drove to the top of Cadillac mountain, and that was the moment when we realized we were in one of the most beautiful places on Earth. We sat on the rocks for over an hour just looking at the landscape that surrounded us. 

    Within the next few days, we explored many other trails and mountains. My favorite experience on this trip was searching for tide pools. I had wanted to find a tide pool so badly, because I wanted to see starfish. One day, we came across something called anemone cave. It had been taken off the park maps because it was so dangerous, but we looked at the tide charts and we decided to go anyway. When we got down into the cave, it was filled with all different kinds of starfish. This was a dream come true. 

    Overall, Maine is by far my favorite state that I have ever traveled to. Of all of the places I have been, Bar Harbor is one of the places that I could definitely see myself living in. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Niagara Falls Travel Diary

Savannah, Georgia Travel Diary