Savannah, Georgia Travel Diary

    During one of our family trips down South, we decided to make a stop in Savannah, Georgia. This is somewhere that I have always wanted to visit, and I was so excited to finally see it. Although the weather was very hot, it was still such a great experience. 
    One of the first things we saw in the city was the Savannah College of Art and Design (SCAD). I was very interested in this, because at the time, I was considering going to art school myself. The appeal of this campus was that it was scattered throughout such a beautiful and creative city. 
    Along with this, we saw the spot where Forest Gump’s bench was located. This movie was filmed in Savannah, and it also happens to be one of my favorite movies of all time. 
    While I felt that Savannah felt pretty similar to Charleston in a lot of ways, such as the Spanish moss and beautiful historic buildings, it was very different in terms of its water front. Charleston is located on the ocean, while Savannah is located on a river, which I actually liked a lot better. 


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Niagara Falls Travel Diary

Maine Travel Diary